Top 9 Speeches by Wendy Leebov:
From Inspiration to Action
Speeches by Wendy Leebov not only inspire. They also trigger concrete actions that contribute to:
#1: Achieving Breakthroughs in the Patient Experience
- A better patient experience
- Greater employee satisfaction
- Improved organizational performance
Central to a quality patient experience is a patient-centered focus and compassionate communication. This session mobilizes people to pursue breakthroughs by instituting high-impact processes and communication skills.
#2: Reduce Anxiety, Enhance Satisfaction
- Five principles key to breakthroughs in the patient experience
- Best practices grounded in these principles
- How to focus in the midst of many strategy options and competing priorities
Anxiety reduction as a goal has the power to move healthcare organizations to breakthroughs in patient and family satisfaction. This presentation builds the case for focusing on anxiety reduction and illustrates a systematic approach that engages staff members' hearts and minds.
#3: Dealing with Difficult-for-Me People
- The case for anxiety reduction as a driver of improvements in the patient experience
- The anxiety mapping approach to proactive anxiety reduction
- Communication that reduces patient and family anxiety
- Tips for adopting the anxiety reduction mindset
Caregivers deal daily with people they find irritating or frustrating. Faced with unsettling behavior, caregivers need to communicate with empathy, directness and tact. Help your caregivers strengthen key communication skills that, by turning up the warmth, turn down the heat.
#4: Care with Compassion: The Power of One (for all staff)
- Words and actions that make matters worse, despite the caregiver’s best intentions
- “Heart-Head-Heart Communication” and 6 specific ways to communicate heart-to-heart
- “The Caring Broken Record:” How to show compassion and composure while delivering messages that people might not want to hear
It’s a given that people who work in healthcare are caring people. But these days, patients and families may not feel this caring because staff are so task-oriented and focused on their multiple responsibilities. Grounded in the premise that patients don’t care how much you know unless they know how much you care, Wendy Leebov refocuses people on the importance of communicating our caring and illustrates concrete ways to do so without spending a lot of time.
#5: Getting a Grip:
- The power of each of us to make an important difference to patients, families and our coworkers
- Six concrete ways to make our caring felt
- Great examples that make these methods come alive
Personal Coping Strategies for Healthcare Leaders Running Ragged
Talented healthcare leaders struggle to keep their balance in today’s rat race of information overload, multiple priorities, instant messaging, and limited resources. Help!
#6: Service Lessons from My Patient Experience
- Six concrete tools that help leaders focus and leverage their precious energy, replacing pressure and overload with momentum, balance and perspective.
- The results: Less frustration, increased stamina and greater gratification from their important work.
For more than 30 years, Wendy Leebov has been a patient satisfaction enthusiast, change agent, consultant, trainer and author. Her mission: To strengthen compassion, responsiveness and service throughout healthcare. Diagnosed with breast cancer, Wendy found herself experiencing health care from a starkly different perspective. Hear Wendy share her patient experiences and her view of the action implications for caregivers.
#7: Fostering Soul at Work
People who work with soul apply their life energies to the mission of their job, to their everyday way of doing it, and to the challenge of doing it even better. Today’s high-pressure healthcare environment makes it hard for employees to stay soulfully engaged. This session identifies keys to soulful work and engages leaders in strategies they can use to advance soulful work among their teams.
#8: From “Good” to “Great” in Everyday Encounters (for all staff)
- “The Three C’s” key to soulful work
- Practical positive strategies and tools you can use to help you and your team to reconnect with their soul purpose, to focus on and savor their everyday experience, and to come together as a team.
Caregivers perform greetings, handoffs and goodbyes repeatedly throughout their day or night. By adopting impressive routines during these touchpoints, caregivers build patient trust and confidence, reducing anxieties and complaints.
#9 Soulful Work
- Best practices for handling three everyday situations (Greetings, Handoffs and Goodbyes)
- The pivotal skill of “presence”
- How to adopt these best practices without spending more time
People who work with soul apply their life energies to the mission of their job, to their everyday way of doing it, and to the challenge of doing it even better. Today’s high-pressure healthcare environment makes it hard to stay soulfully engaged. This session identifies keys to soulful work and demonstrates strategies employees can use to work with heart and soul. The results: More satisfied patients and more gratified staff.
- “The Three C’s” key to soulful work
- Practical positive strategies and tools you can use to reconnect with your soul purpose, to focus on and savor your everyday experience, and to feel harmony and support with coworkers
See samplings of recent speeches by Wendy Leebov organized by content specialty:
Good to GREAT in Everyday Encounters
Dealing with Difficult Situations
to discuss possibilities for presentations tailored especially to you.
Return from Top 9 Speeches by Wendy Leebov to Healthcare Professional Speaker Wendy Leebov
Return from Top 9 Speeches by Wendy Leebov to Quality Patient Experience Home