Healthcare Leadership Development Tool for Consistent, Effective, Convenient
Effective healthcare leadership development addresses the enormous challenge managers face these days: To foster high
performance while maintaining morale. Consistent and effective employee recognition is a central competency for any
healthcare manager who hopes to meet this challenge.
Recognition Toolbox for Managers
Provide each manager with his or her own recognition toolbox and employee recognition becomes convenient and easy.
Purchase from a vendor of promotional items great cardboard toolboxes imprinted with your organization’s logo and “My Personal Recognition Toolkit.” Load the kit with quick and easy recognition tool options.
Recognition Toolkit Items
To extend the reach and power of this healthcare leadership development tool:
- Blank certificates for a whole variety of accomplishments, such as certificates for:
- Team Player, Complaint Resolution, Going the Extra Mile, Morale Booster, Living Our Values, Coworker Support, Good Humor, Star Performer, and many more.
- Pre-printed stickers
- Cards the size of a business card printed with Standing Ovation, or A Kudo for You, or Big Ta-daah! –for managers to keep in their pocket for use during rounding.
- Candy bars such as Kudos, Symphony, Nestles Crunch (for work under pressure), Hershey kisses, One Hundred Grand, Fireballs, Almond Joy, StarBrites, LifeSavers, Nutrageous, Starburst, WOW Bars, Bar None, Charms, Bit O’Honey, Rocky Road, SKOR, Bulls Eye, Mr. Goodbar, Power Bar, Balance, and Bounty
- Preprinted post-it praise pads (e.g. Ta-daah! Thanks! Congrats! You Make a Difference!”)
- Trinkets with your organization’s logo and thanks (e.g. pocket mirrors, stress balls, stars, badges)
- …and a cardset of ideas from which managers can pick and choose.
- Engage an employee team to select and/or design contents for the day to day employee recognition toolboxes.
- Maintain a closet of supplies and a Recognition Supplies Order Form for replenishing supplies when people run out.
- Make a tradition of an annual recognition summit for managers during which you engage managers in peer and team recognition activities and a team celebration. During the summit, introduce new contents for the toolboxes for the coming year.
Return from Leadership Development Tool to Healthcare Leadership Development
Return from Leadership Development Tool to Quality Patient Experience Home