Great Resource on Customer Service in Healthcare
Customer Service for Professionals
in Health Care: Key Behaviors That Enhance the Patient and Family Experience
by Wendy Leebov
Providing great customer service in healthcare is an ongoing challenge. This short booklet is a terrific guide to customer service essentials for frontline staff. Rich with interactive exercises and self-help tools, staff become clearer on the Sixteen House Rules of Customer Service. They also raise their awareness of their own current behavior compared to the behaviors that reflect great customer service. This booklet makes a great recognition gift and support for individual coaching or staff development with groups.
and Self-Help Tools
|Who Are Your Customers and What Do They Want?
- Who Are Your Primary Customers?
- Why Is Customer Service So Important?
|Pay the Price for Dissatisfied Customers
- Giving Customers
- No Less Than 100 Percent
- Your Moments of Truth
- Change and Its Effects on Your Customer Orientation
- Do You “Know Thyself?”
|The Sixteen House Rules for Customer Service
- Greeting Protocol
- Initiating Small Talk
- Helping People to Find Their Way
- What Can You Thank People For?
- Anatomy of a Great Face-to-Face Explanation
- Helping to Keep People Informed
- Anticipating Opportunities to Be Helpful
- When Do You Keep Customer Waiting?
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Gentle Handling
- When is Dignity Threatened?
- What’s “Not Your Job” and How Can You Act Like It Is?
- Effective Handling of Complaints
- Noise Audit
- Telephone Check-Up
|Facing the Challenge: From Good to Great!
- Rate Yourself
- Ask a Coworker to Rate You
- You Are Your Organization!
Kindle Edition: $9.99 Paperback: $10.99
Smashwords (PDF, Epub, and other formats): $9.99
Return from Customer Service in Healthcare to Books by Wendy Leebov
Return to Quality Patient Experience Home